The Vortex and Laughing Skull Lounge are venues designed for adults. Therefore, we restrict access to patrons 21-and-over at all times. This means you cannot bring your children, toddlers or infants with you until after they turn twenty-one, even if they are already drinking all your booze at home. This includes patio areas as well. The whole joint. All day. Every day. No kids. No exceptions. Yes, really.
All patrons will be required to present proper identification. If there is no host or security personnel at the entrance, and you seat yourself, your server will check your ID at the table (or bar) – so, please have it available. No ID = No service. So, if you didn’t bring your ID with you, and are denied access to The Vortex, it’s your own damned fault for being a dumb-ass. Who doesn’t carry ID?
When checking identification, The Vortex and Laughing Skull Lounge will only accept IDs that are acceptable under Georgia state law. Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 3-3-23(d), proper identification means any document issued by a governmental agency containing a description of the person, such person’s photograph, or both, and giving such person’s date of birth and includes, without being limited to, a passport, military identification card, driver’s license, or an identification card authorized under O.G.G.A. 40-5-100 through 40-5-104.
● ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
For clarification purposes, the following specific items constitute Acceptable Forms of identification under Georgia state law.
- Valid driver’s license, instruction permit, or ID card issued by any U.S. state, U.S. territory or the District of Columbia
- Valid Georgia temporary driver’s license
- Valid driver’s license or ID card of any nation
- Valid passport of any nation
- Valid U.S. armed forces ID card
- Valid Merchant Marine/Coast Guard ID card
- Valid state-issued concealed carry permit that contains a photograph and DOB of the bearer
● UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
Any identification document that does not meet the requirements for “Acceptable Forms of Identification” noted above will not be acceptable. For clarification purposes, the following specific items also constitute unacceptable forms of identification under Georgia state law.
- Any form of ID that has expired
- Photocopied, falsified or otherwise altered ID
- Digital images of ID on a camera or cellphone
- Library cards, membership cards or credit cards
- Student ID cards, foreign or domestic
- DUI paperwork or other traffic citations
- Birth certificates
- Notes from your mom
● VERTICAL FORMAT OR STAMPED LICENSE
In some instances when issuing a Driver’s License to those under 21 years of age, state governments will include an “UNDER 21” notation directly on the license, or print the license in a vertical format. As long as the owner of the license has actually turned 21, and the license has not expired, these licenses can be used to gain admittance to The Vortex or Laughing Skull Lounge. We can do basic math. If the host or security gives you any trouble, just ask to speak with the manager.