Stand-Up Comedy Classes at The Laughing Skull Lounge
"Everything has been done, except for your life."
NOTE: Thank you for such a fantastic response... the last class quickly SOLD OUT. If you want to sign up for this class, we suggest doing it meow!
For a limited time only we are now offering stand-up comedy classes from Marshall Chiles, the founder and owner of Laughing Skull Lounge. Marshall has been doing stand-up comedy since 2000 and has taught over 1,000 comedy students. He is the author of the Amazon best-selling book, 'Your Presentations is a Joke: Using Humor to Maximize Your Impact.'
You will learn the basics of writing and performing stand-up comedy, while also learning how to find the funny in your own life. Marshall has a strong emphasis on being authentic and finding your own voice. He believes that when you shine a light on a dark place, it is no longer dark. The class also has a strong focus on storytelling and how to make your stories funny for the stage.
- Mondays from 7-10 pm.
- Six weeks long with graduation on the 7th week.
- Limited to only 15 students.
- All classes are taught at The Laughing Skull Lounge giving you stage time on a real stage for six weeks before you graduate.
- Graduation is at The Laughing Skull Lounge which means you get to perform on the same stage as comedy legends like Robin Williams, Ron White, Joe Rogan, Chris Tucker, Zach Galifianakis, Aisha Tyler, Marc Maron, Natasha Leggero, and more.
- You have free admission for two every Thursday & Sunday during your 6-week class. We encourage you to see professional comedians to see how the pros do it.
- Investment is $450. This includes your admission for two on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Classes are Mondays March 5 through April 9, 2018.
- Graduation is Saturday, April 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm at The Laughing Skull Lounge.
Interesting Note: Our class's most 'successful' graduate is Dulce Sloan who is now a correspondent on The Daily Show.
STUDENT QUOTE FROM NOVEMBER 2017:
"Afternoon, Marshall just wanted to say a quick thank you for the feedback & the class. The homework and format are starting to make a lot more sense to me in regards to taking the conscious writing, tying it with the sentences to turn a bit/story into something that is laugh out loud funny. Just 6 hours of class has really opened my eyes, thanks again."
To get an idea of what Marshall teaches, here is a 41-minute video he made on the fundamentals of stand-up comedy for free. Read the comments under the video to get an understanding of the value he brings to his teaching.
If you have any questions, please email marshall at laughing skull lounge dot com.